Alliance Access: features and functionalities
Table of contents
Alliance Access is highly scalable and can meet your needs, no matter how large your messaging volumes become. The interface is supported on Windows, Linux and Unix (AIX and SUN) and uses our browser-based Alliance Web Platform SE as its default graphical user interface framework. The most recent mandatory release is Access 7.0.
Availability and resilience
With 24x7 operations, Alliance Access doesn’t stop for daily routine maintenance activities. The interface is also highly resilient: data can be fully recovered in the unlikely event of content or database loss using our optional Database Recovery tool.
In addition, Alliance Access provides automatic switchover between different connections when using Alliance Gateway – so if Alliance Gateway is disrupted, Alliance Access connects automatically to another instance of Alliance Gateway.
Rich messaging functionality
- Comprehensive message management functionalities include message creation, verification, authorisation, modification, repair template creation, priority update and querying.
- By choosing to deploy Alliance Access as a standalone system – not directly connected to Swift – you can use intermediate applications such as money laundering detection software to process your messages.
- Alliance Access can validate message formats and mandatory fields (for MT messages) and check the correct syntax of the XML message (for MX messages) – throughout a message’s lifecycle.
- Extensive message routing functions include the independent routing of several instances of the same message, as well as the ability to configure routing points, message queues and other criteria.
- A complete audit trail is provided by logging any type of user interaction with Alliance Access, as well as the full lifecycle of messages.
- The behaviour of Alliance Access – such as login status, system resources and the status of internal queues – can be monitored using functions provided within the interface.
Connectivity with your business applications
Modifications made to your back-office infrastructure can affect your systems integration with Swift. Our Swift Integration Packages have been designed to simplify the process of connecting to Swift, while keeping costs to a minimum.
A Swift Integration Package is a suite of integration tools and adaptors which enables the link between Swift and your back office, completing the loop in financial transaction processing. Integration capabilities are either embedded via our Alliance Access Integration Platform (IPLA) or used on a standalone basis using our SWIFT Integration Layer (SIL). Communication with your business applications is enabled by our software adapters.