Brussels, 1 October 2012 - SWIFT, the financial messaging provider for more than 10,000 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 212 countries and territories, announced today that it has launched ‘Watch Insights', a new set of pre-defined, yet dynamic and actionable dashboards as part of its Business Intelligence portfolio.
The first set of Watch Insights dashboards are designed for the correspondent banking business. Customers will now have fast and direct access to critical business data about their company and the global financial industry.
Visual and easy-to-use, Watch Insights will help customers make faster decisions on key business questions such as:
- What is my market position in key country corridors? Am I gaining or losing business?
- Who are my top correspondents? How much goes through my preferred partners?
- What is the level of risk exposure I am facing? Against which countries and counterparties?
- What are concrete steps to take to improve my performance, efficiency and quality?
The addition of Watch Insights complements the evolving Business Intelligence portfolio which includes Watch Analytics, a solution for analysing and reporting on SWIFT messaging activity. More market segments are in the pipeline.
"Since its launch in 2005, the Watch family has equipped customers with detailed analysis of data that only SWIFT can provide. Now, with the addition of Insights, customers have that data at their fingertips through actionable and smart visuals, tailored to their specific business activities. They are able to identify new business opportunities and benchmark their business against the market, leading to faster decisions," said Luc Meurant, Head of Banking Markets, SWIFT.
The SWIFT Business Intelligence portfolio continues to expand and now encompasses an entire suite of intuitive tools including analytics, insights and economic indicators designed to grow with a customer's business needs:
- Watch Analytics - A solution for analysing SWIFT messaging
- Watch Insights - User friendly, visual, dynamic and actionable dashboards
- The SWIFT Index - Early indicator of the short-term evolution of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- RMB Tracker - Monthly reporting and statistics on Renminbi (RMB) progress towards becoming an international currency
- Consulting services
"With this new offering, SWIFT BI enters the world of visual dashboarding to better help customers act faster and perform better," said Francis Martin, Head of BI solutions at SWIFT. "Going forward, SWIFT will keep investing in developing additional business intelligence services to address the growing demand from our customers."
Interested parties are encouraged to join the new LinkedIn Business Intelligence Transaction Banking group to learn more, and to help contribute ideas on how Business Intelligence can best help the financial community.
SWIFT will also be demonstrating the new dashboards at its annual Sibos event, which this year is being hosted in Osaka, Japan, October 29-November 1, 2012.
- Business Intelligence at SWIFT: Act faster, perform better
- Check out what's happening on Twitter: #SWIFTBI
- Contact: Francis Martin, Head of Business Intelligence Solutions at SWIFT (Francis.Martin@swift.com)
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 212 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest.
For more information, please refer to http://www.swift.com/business_intelligence/ or contact:
Tel: +32 2 655 3377