Seven new members join SWIFT Board
Brussels, 18 June 2012 - SWIFT announced today that it has made seven new appointments to its Board, helping ensure the Board continues to reflect the truly global nature of the SWIFT community.
The appointment of the seven new members is the result of a Board review following a regular three yearly share reallocation exercise and a number of ‘end of term’ appointments.
“I am very pleased to welcome these seven new members to our Board at what is a very exciting time for the company,” says SWIFT Chairman Yawar Shah. “It is critical that we continue to benefit from a Board that is as geographically diverse as it is in expertise in securities, payments, finance and technology. Now, for the first time, we have a Board member from India to represent several Asian countries, and a new Board member from China, a key market for SWIFT”.
“With an exceptionally strong management team and a diverse Board with a wealth of industry expertise, I am very confident SWIFT is well placed to help the financial services industry respond to an unprecedented era of profound change”.
The seven new Board members are:
- Yves Baguet, CIO of Clearstream Services, in charge of the IT Development departments, IT operations and IT infrastructure departments.
- Mark Buitenhek, Global Head of Payments and Cash Management for ING, also a member of the European Payments Councils’ Plenary.
- David Cyr ,Senior Vice-President, Payments & Trade Technology & Operations at Royal Bank of Canada.
- Marcel Jongmans, both CEO of ABN AMRO Global Clearing and Statutory Director and Managing Director of ABN AMRO Clearing Bank NV.
- Ulrich Stritzke, Managing Director of Credit Suisse and Head Global Cross Product Processing.
- Yongli Wang, Executive Director of the Bank of China
- Bhavesh Zaveri, Country Head Operations and Head Cash Management Products at HDFC Bank, as well as Director at both the National Payment Corporation of India and Director of The Clearing Corporation of India.
SWIFT’s core business has continued to grow as more financial institutions, banks and corporate members around the world use its international messaging services. Over the last five years, total message volumes have almost doubled, while on 31 May 2012 the company announced a new peak day of more than 20 million messages in a single day.
Please find here a complete list of biographies.
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 financial institutions and corporations in 210 countries. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest.
For more information, please refer to www.swift.com or contact our PR agency:
Tel: +32 2 655 3377