The most promising fintech companies in Europe have now been selected to compete in the Startup Challenge Finale at Sibos in Singapore.
Brussels, 23 April 2015 - The Innotribe Startup Challenge attendees selected the five finalists from the European leg of the Startup Challenge to compete at Sibos Singapore in October. Fifteen early-stage and growth-stage startups delivered compelling pitches to an audience of financial services experts, fintech professionals, angel investors, venture capitalists, and global bank decision-makers. The showcase was held at East Wintergarden at Canary Wharf, on Wednesday 22 April, in partnership with the Finextra Future Money conference.
The three early-stage startup finalists are:
- Pariti Technologies helping people to avoid high-interest debt, access fairer rates of credit, and build a more secure financial future, by offering tools, guidance, and access to low-cost loans
- Revolut allowing customers to exchange currencies at interbank rates, send them through social networks, and spend money with a multi-currency card accepted anywhere
- Sedicii with their technology based on the Zero Knowledge Proof Protocol that eliminates the transmission, storage and exposure of private data during authentication or identity verification
The two growth-stage startups finalists are:
- Elliptic using the blockchain technology to securely and transparently transfer and manage a range of financial assets
- xWare42, whose product xPay makes transaction contents more intuitive for everyone, by giving to customers a more documented picture of their purchases
Fabian Vandenreydt, Head of Markets Management, Innotribe and the SWIFT Institute at SWIFT says: "London was once again a great kick-off to the Innotribe Startup Challenge and it was exciting to see inspiring companies present their innovations to a packed room. The quality of the pitches was excellent and the startups can be proud of their performance on stage. We wish the finalists the best of luck at the Finale at Sibos later this year."
Commenting on London's innovation landscape, Vandenreydt adds: "Fintech investments in Europe have been on the rise for the last couple of years, with London ranking at the top position. With many financial services companies and large banks having their headquarters in the city, London is definitely a unique innovation environment for the startup community."
The London event was the first regional showcase to be held in 2015 and was sponsored by HP, Invest NI, Level39, Luxembourg for Finance, and Wells Fargo. Next steps of the Startup Challenge programme will be the regional showcases to be held in Cape Town on 6 May, Singapore on 28 May, and New York on 18 June.
More information about the Innotribe Startup Challenge and how to register to the upcoming showcases, please visit our website.
To access the full list of companies participating in the 2015 Startup Challenge, please click here. Companies are listed in alphabetical order and by showcase.
Launched in 2009, SWIFT Innotribe is about innovation and connecting people, networks and ideas. We bring together global innovators and investors, strategists, and influential decision-makers from leading financial institutions across the globe, providing them early insights into innovations that could disrupt current business models and create opportunities for new ones. Through the Startup Challenge competition, we bridge the gap between the startup ecosystem and the financial service community.
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in more than 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest.
Tel +44 (0)20 7426 9400