Table of contents
What is covered?
The SWIFT Compatible Application programme is available for applications for all SWIFT-related market segments. Each category comes with a specific set of criteria, designed to reflect the capability of an application to provide interoperability with a SWIFT environment. Criteria are typically re-evaluated every year.
You will frequently find SWIFT Compatible listed as a requirement in requests for proposal for fintech applications, as it provides a higher comfort level to customers seeking SWIFT interoperability.
How to apply for a SWIFT Compatible Application verification for your product or application
2. Please read carefully the following documents:
- The SWIFT Compatible Application Programme Overview
- The criteria document linked to the market segment you are applying for (see table below)
- The technical validation guide linked to the designation you are applying for (if applicable)
3. Complete and submit the application e-form
Apply by completing the e-form for of your choice. It is required to fill in one e-form for each Application you want to validate as compatible under a specific category. We will review and validate your application and respond within 10 working days.
You can apply for the 2020 SWIFT Compatible Application compliance validation until 31st May 2020.
4. Complete the technical validation process
Perform the tests as laid down in the technical validation documentation available below.
5. Complete the functional validation
After the technical validation has been completed successfully, the application must be demonstrated to SWIFT business experts, who will assess it for compliance with SWIFT.
6. Verify customer satisfaction
We will carry out a customer survey to verify satisfaction with the overall end-user experience.
|Label Criteria 2020||Technical Validation||Apply (1)|
|(G)Electronic Trade Confirmation||N/A||e-form|
|CSDs and Securities Market Infrastructures||TechVal||e-form|
(1) Registration on swift.com and an e-ordering profile are required to submit the Request for Certification form.
For help, see the swift.com registration and administration user guide and the related Knowledge Base tip.