Order a Business Identifier Code (BIC)
BIC stands for business identifier code. BIC is an international standard for identification of institutions within the financial services industry.
Understanding the ordering process
Find out how to place your order, track your order and request high priority or emergency handling.
- The additional BIC will have the same Business Code and Country Code of its primary BIC, with possibly a reference to a different geographical location in the same country.
- Read the BIC Registration procedures and the BIC Policy which provide a general description of the rules related to the registration and the publication of BICs.
- Learn more about the structure of a Business Identifier Code (BIC)
- If you want to publish your additional BIC in the BIC Directory, consult the publication schedule.
- Unpublished BIC can only appear in the header of a SWIFT message.
- Unpublished BIC can only be used after a bilateral agreement or within a group of users.
- An additional BIC activation is synchronised with BIC directory download and activation dates. Read the section 'Outside BIC directory download activation dates' to manage exceptions.
- Log-in and selected is possible as of the activation date and time that will be confirmed.
Outside BIC directory download activation dates
- For a publication and an activation of your additional BIC outside the activation dates you must inform the SWIFT community with a Broadcast message (MT074). The broadcast will contain at least the sentence listed: Please be advised that "BIC reference - BIC8" will be activated from the swift network as of date (day, month, year) at time (hh:mm) GMT/UTC.
- Upon receipt of the additional BIC activation request form, End-to-end ordering will validate the request.
- Provided the additional BIC needs to be published, the activation will be processed upon receipt of the broadcast message (MT074).
- For broadcast message fees, please consult the price list, section System Messages (MT 0nn).
Connected BIC (8-char)
Non-connected BIC (8-char)
Additional BIC (8-char)
Branch identifier (11-char)
Do you have any questions?
Contact us to find out how we can help you.