Order KYC Registry
KYC Registry is Swift’s solution to standardise the approach to KYC, enhance the overall efficiency in compliance and enable our member institutions to maintain a strong and growing network of correspondent banking relationships.
KYC Registry service is available to all Supervised Financial Institutions and all Swift Users.
The use of certain features may be restricted for certain client segments:
- Supervised Financial Institutions that are connected to Swift (Swift Users):
Full and unrestricted access to all services provided by KYC Registry.
- Supervised Financial Institutions that are not connected to Swift (non-Swift Users):
Unrestricted access to all functions related to the contribution and distribution of their own KYC Profile (KYC data and documents) to other members of KYC Registry.
No access to functions related to the consumption of KYC Profiles provided by other institutions.
The detailed subscription process to order KYC Registry on behalf of a non-Swift user can be found here.
- All other Swift Users that are not Supervised Financial Institutions:
Unrestricted access to all functions related to the consumption of KYC Profiles provided by Supervised Financial Institutions that are members of KYC Registry.
No access to functions related to the contribution and distribution of their own KYC Profiles.
The subscription to KYC Registry is initiated online via Swift’s ordering application on www.swift.com.
- You must be authorized to use the ordering application before you can begin the process
- All mandatory fields, as indicated by an orange triangle, must be filled. These include, among others:
- The entity (BIC code) on behalf of which you will place the order
- Your purchase order reference number
- The “KYC Group Name”: This is the name with which your group of entities will be made visible to other members of KYC Registry. Swift recommends that you set a KYC Group Name which clearly and uniquely identifies your group.
- The legal entities that shall be added under your KYC Group Name to KYC Registry.
- The email addresses of two individuals that shall be assigned as Administrators to your KYC Group. These Administrators will be the main points of contact for Swift during the onboarding process of your KYC Group and will also be able to add and manage all other users that shall have access to KYC Registry on behalf of your KYC Group.
- Swift offers additional optional services that further enhance the value of KYC Registry for your KYC Group. You can add these during the initial ordering process or later by returning to the ordering application:
- The Swift Traffic Profile provides you with a summary of your entity’s direct and indirect engagement with Sanctioned Countries by analyzing the messages that were exchanged with your counterparties through Swift.
- Adverse Media Services by Dow Jones Factiva aggregates content from licensed and free sources which are indexed and “BIC-matched” so that relevant content is directly accessible when consuming the KYC Profile provided by other banks.
If you are about to subscribe for your own entities, check if your parent institution or head-office is already on KYC Registry and consider joining the existing KYC group.
This will make the contribution process and sharing of information more efficient. In this case, please use the "Register more entities" order.
The information above relates to KYC Registry, a secure, shared platform that contains KYC related information which is typically required when financial institutions perform Customer Due Diligence or Enhance Due Diligence on their customers.
In parallel, Swift offers KYC Registry Security Attestation Application which has been designed to provide self-attestation data which confirms an organisation’s level of compliance with Swift’s customer security controls. More information on the Customer Security Programme (CSP) and The KYC Registry Security Attestation Application is available here.