Free BIC search on swift.com
The BIC Search service is proposed by SWIFT SC (“SWIFT”), with registered address at 1, Avenue Adèle, B-1310 La Hulpe, Belgium, with company registration no. 0413.330.856 (hereafter “SWIFT”).
BIC Search is available to any person accessing the service on the website www.swift.com (hereafter “You”).
You will find hereafter the terms and conditions to access and use the information on
1. DESCRIPTION: BIC Search offers access to data published in the BIC Directory. It targets occasional users of BIC data. The BIC Directory is a directory published by SWIFT, containing the list of bank identifier codes registered under the ISO 9362 standard.
The BIC Directory includes the registered BICs, the name and address of the corresponding entities, and may, at SWIFT’s discretion, include additional information.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE: SWIFT grants to You a non-exclusive right to:
a. access and use non substantial parts of the information on BIC Search for private or internal purposes;
SWIFT does not grant You the right to:
b. download the information from BIC Search;
c. modify the information from BIC Search;
d. use the entire or any substantial part of the information from BIC Search with or into another product;
e. copy or use substantial parts of the information on BIC Search, such as, but not limited to, performing systematic queries with the aim to reproduce the entire or substantial parts of the BIC Directory;
f. distribute, transmit, commercialize publish or otherwise provide copies to third parties of the information, with or without compensation, except as permitted under b) in the above paragraph;
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY : Any and all rights in the BIC Directory and BIC Search and its content, including intellectual property rights and database producer’s rights, shall remain with SWIFT and/or its third party licensors.
4. LIMITED WARRANTY: Although SWIFT has used all reasonable efforts to ensure accuracy of the contents, SWIFT assumes no liability whatsoever for any inadvertent errors or omissions that may appear on BIC Search.
The information displayed on BIC Search is the one as available in the last off-line publication of the BIC Directory and is updated every quarter with the data contained in such off-line publication. For SWIFT users, it should be combined with updates received through broadcast messages to obtain the last up-to-date version of the BIC Directory.
To the extent permitted by law, the product is provided on an “as is” basis. SWIFT disclaims all other warranties and conditions, either express or implied. including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, title, non-infrigement and fitness for a particular purpose.
5. COMPENSATION: The BIC Search service is currently granted to You free of charges.
SWIFT shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages whatsoever, even if SWIFT has been advised of the possibility of such damages. SWIFT's maximum aggregate liability to You for direct damages shall not exceed 1000 EURO.