Alliance Gateway: features and functionality
Table of contents
In addition, two business adapters – the File Transfer Adapter (FTA) and the Transaction Delivery Agent (TDA) – can facilitate direct connections to Alliance Gateway.
Alliance Gateway is highly scalable and can handle over 40 transactions per second. The communication interface is currently on mandatory release Gateway 7.0.
High security and resilience
- Alliance Gateway can be placed between two firewalls – the ‘demilitarised zone’ – enabling tighter IP protocol filtering as well as segregating connectivity and business processing.
- Tight control is maintained over business flows and the customer’s Swift environment through Alliance Gateway’s audit trail functionality and the use of the four-eyes principle for administration.
- Alliance Gateway’s monitoring functionality supports single network management protocol (SNMP) notifications.
- Based on the concept of virtual users, multiple applications or individuals can be mapped to a single Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) profile in order to access Swift.
- Alliance Gateway can be integrated with an existing Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) database in order to perform central authentication of operators defined in Gateway.
- Business applications can automatically switch between multiple instances of Alliance Gateway for load balancing purposes or for increased resilience.
- Users can check whether the integrity of software and database components has been tampered with using Alliance Gateway’s integrity verification mechanism.
Development framework for application vendors
The Gateway Developers Toolkit provides an easy-to-use framework for application vendors to offer their products on Swift. Facilities available in the toolkit include local authentication, local file transfer and Gateway management APIs. Developing for Alliance Gateway requires much less effort than developing directly for SWIFTNet Link due to Gateway’s integration options and features.