Using Alliance Entry
Table of contents
About Alliance Entry
Alliance Entry provides basic messaging for the transfer of information between business applications and SWIFT. The interface can accommodate MT and MX message standards, and mandatory release Access 7.0 also supports the exchange of files via FileAct.
An optional SWIFT Integration Package, which includes Automated File Transfer (AFT) adapter, is available for batched processing.
With the most recent mandatory Release 7.0, Alliance Entry uses our browser-based Alliance Web Platform SE as its default graphical user interface framework. The Web Platform combines the functionalities provided by the Workstation and Messenger.
Basic messaging functionality
- Comprehensive message management functionalities include message creation, verification, authorisation, modification, repair, template creation and querying.
- Create, modify, delete, revoke, accept and reject Relationship Management Application (RMA) authorisations.
- Validate message formats and mandatory fields (for MT messages) and check the correct syntax of the XML message (for MX messages) – throughout a message’s lifecycle.
- Basic predefined message routing functions are provided.
- A complete audit trail is provided by logging any type of user interaction with Alliance Entry, as well as the full lifecycle of messages.
- Monitor the behaviour of Alliance Entry – such as login status and statistics, system resources, the status of internal queues and active processes – using functions provided within the interface.
Defined upgrade path
As your business needs evolve, you may need to expand your SWIFT messaging solution. It’s easy to upgrade from Alliance Entry to Alliance Access, which provides more powerful and customisable routing capabilities as well as Alliance Access Integration Packages. Users of Alliance Access can also benefit from value added features, such as enhanced resiliency through the new Database Recovery option.
Learn more about Alliance Entry via our two-part training course:
- Operating Alliance Access/Entry is a hands-on introduction for end-users who will be operating Alliance Entry.
- Managing Alliance Entry is intended for administrators who are responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the interface.
Contact your SWIFT Account Manager to find out more.