CREST over SWIFTNet
CREST is the real-time settlement system for UK, Irish and international securities and government bonds. It has over 10 000 members.
Euroclear UK & Ireland is the central securities depository (CSD) of the UK, Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man. Its CREST system provides settlement and related services for a wide range of corporate and government securities. Among other advanced features CREST users can take advantage of real-time settlement, delivery versus payment, securities borrowing, lending and collateral management facilities and corporate actions processing. The settlement system supports multiple currencies and settles transactions in UK, Irish, Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man exchange traded and over the counter securities, as well as international equities and bonds.
SWIFT has been an accredited supplier of network services to users of CREST since its inception in 1996, providing a single interface to all the features of the settlement system.
The CREST over SWIFT service includes:
- SWIFT’s highly secure and resilient SWIFT network as a transport mechanism between the customer and CREST
- SWIFT Alliance, an interface to the SWIFT network which can forward to the CREST system both interactive messages from the CREST software and files from a customer host
- CREST software for the preparation of CREST messages and SWIFT supplied workstation software
- Supporting tools such as customer host mainframe interfaces to SWIFT Alliance for CREST data exchange
- 24x7 customer support
- The opportunity to further leverage existing SWIFT pricing and discount schemes
If you are an existing customer of SWIFT, please contact your Account Manager, who can answer any questions you may have about the service and guide you through the subscription and on-boarding process.
If you are not a SWIFT customer yet, we have solutions to get you connected to SWIFT, and CREST, quickly and easily. Please contact our London office to find out more.