BIC Plus features
BIC Plus will inform you of the institution behind the BIC, whether this BIC is connected to SWIFT, and where the financial institution is located.
What issues can you resolve with BIC Plus?
- BIC identification and validation
- Insight into newly added or deleted BICs
- Connectivity status on SWIFT network and services
- Verification of any historic modifications to a BIC or its contact details
- Facilitation of MiFID reporting, as it helps investment firms identify trading counterparties in their monthly transaction reports with only active BICs at the time of trading
- Look-up of an institution’s name, address and contact details
- Research of bank holiday, currencies and country data
What can you find in BIC Plus?
- All BIC-11 codes from ISO-registry (200+ countries), from connected and non-connected financial institutions and corporates, including:
- Name and address information
- The institution’s participation in national and international payment services reachable through FIN (FIN service codes)
- The institution’s SWIFT user category
- BIC status on FIN, InterAct and FileAct
- BIC-related events (such as suspension, (de)activation, name change)
- Historical BIC information
- ISO country and currency codes
- Bank holiday information
- Time zones
BIC directory 2018 features
This directory provides the same layout as the former BIC directory, with the addition of connectivity and time zone information in pre-existing fields. For ease of integration into your own back office systems, there is no structural change to this file compared to the legacy BIC directory. You have the choice to use either or both BIC Plus or BIC directory 2018 at no additional cost.