Fighting Fraud in APAC
Reducing fraud is one of the most challenging aspects of the modern financial ecosystem, especially in times of crisis. When the world goes through a period of instability or rapid change, as it is today, cybercriminals are ready and waiting to exploit uncertainty and find gaps in normally hard-edged security frameworks.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to extraordinary working conditions. This ‘new normal’ means that staff are more likely than ever to be working remotely. Security and particularly the security of back-office processes and payments networks to prevent institutional payment fraud are primary concerns for financial institutions. Separate and independent fraud controls are more important than ever, and it is essential to prepare for fraud attacks on a variety of fronts.
This webinar discusses the challenges the industry faces in protecting itself against payments fraud, common attack patterns and behaviour profiles, and the tools, practices and working culture institutions should employ to stay secure during times of change or uncertainty.
The webinar will cover:
- Managing institutional payments fraud in the new normal
- Understanding the attackers - tactics, techniques and procedures
- Staying ahead of the curve with technology
- Fraud prevention – a community effort
- A cyber-aware internal culture
- Freddy Ng, Commercial Director, Financial Crime Compliance and Cybersecurity, SWIFT
- Guy Sheppard, Head of Asia Pacific Financial Crime Compliance Initiatives, SWIFT
- Jay P. Spreitzer, Senior Vice President, APAC Region Information Security Lead, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Claire Hatcher, Head of Business Development, Kaspersky Fraud Prevention
- Simon Viney, Cyber Security Financial Services Sector Lead, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
There are currently no scheduled sessions for this webinar.