Innotribe announces the winners of the 2015 Startup Challenge Showcase in Singapore
The most promising fintech companies in Asia have now been selected to compete in the Startup Challenge Finale at Sibos in Singapore.
Singapore, 28 May 2015 - The Innotribe Startup Challenge attendees selected the five finalists from the Asian leg of the Startup Challenge to compete at Sibos Singapore in October. The showcase was held at the Red Dot Design Museum on Thursday 28 May, in partnership with Next Bank Asia.
The three early-stage startup finalists are:
- Trustingsocial are inventing consumer credit rating for emerging markets by applying Big Data and Deep Learning technologies to social, mobile and web data.
- Jewel Paymentech is a Singaporean company providing an automated risk management platform for banks and payment facilitators to manage e-commerce merchant risk through predictive analytics.
- Bitspark, is a leading crypto-financial services provider for the APAC region, pioneering the world's first blockchain powered end to end Remittance service in addition to a blockchain auditable feature rich trading exchange.
The two growth-stage startups finalists are:
- Codapay is an online payment gateway that allows merchants to accept payments from the 97% of adults in Southeast Asia that do not have a credit card by giving customers a range of alternative payment options.
- goSwiff offers mobile payments for banks and mobile operators to help merchants in emerging markets get paid by accepting card payments, and to increase the quality and quantity of transactions.
Fabian Vandenreydt, Head of Markets Management, Innotribe and the SWIFT Institute at SWIFT says: "With a thriving ecosystem supporting innovation and startups, Singapore contributes to leading Asia in developing the fintech sector as a major engine of growth. It was a pleasure to welcome our semi-finalists in such an environment for the fourth consecutive year, and we now wish the finalists the best of luck for the Finale at Sibos later this year."
Eddie Haddad, Managing Director of Asia-Pacific at SWIFT adds: "With Sibos coming to Singapore this October, Innotribe will be taking the spotlight on the exhibition floor by creating a real fintech innovation hub. We endeavour to bring early insights into innovative ideas and technology advancements that will shape the future of the financial services industry."
Singapore was the third regional showcase to be held in 2015 and was sponsored by Level39 and Wells Fargo. The next and last regional showcase of this year's programme will be in New York on 18 June. The 20 finalists selected will then head to the Finale in Sibos Singapore in October for the selection of our 2015 winner.
For more information about the Innotribe Startup Challenge and how to register for the upcoming showcase in New York, please visit our website.
To access the full list of companies participating in the 2015 Startup Challenge, please click here. Companies are listed in alphabetical order and by showcase.
Launched in 2009, SWIFT Innotribe is about innovation and connecting people, networks and ideas. We bring together global innovators and investors, strategists, and influential decision-makers from leading financial institutions across the globe, providing them early insights into innovations that could disrupt current business models and create opportunities for new ones. Through the Startup Challenge competition, we bridge the gap between the startup ecosystem and the financial service community.
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in more than 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest.
For more information, please contact:
+65 9383 4377