SWIFT strategy: Our vision for instant, frictionless payments and securities
As the financial industry’s neutral and trusted infrastructure provider, we help our community of over 11,000 institutions move value around the world reliably and securely. And as we have progressively expanded what we do, we have evolved how we deliver. This session will outline how SWIFT’s exciting new strategy will help the industry take another leap forward – fundamentally transforming payments processing to help the community navigate the complex challenges we face today and remain prepared well into the future.
- Bernard Carless, SWIFT Board Member & Head of Settlement and SWIFT, FirstRand Group Treasury
- Louise Mostert, Senior country manager, South Africa, SWIFT
Customer insights: The future of payments in an ever evolving digital landscape
Domestic and cross-border payments are the lifeblood of the economic system. Digital transformation is radically reshaping the provision of financial services, and the Covid-19 pandemic has further reinforced the shift to digital payments and highlighted the importance of safe, convenient, transactions for businesses as well as consumers. Join this session to hear how the financial ecosystem is evolving at both the regional and global level and the key payment trends set to impact customers, banks and the financial services industry in 2021 and beyond.
- Mirriam Kamuhuza, Acting Director, Payment systems, Bank of Zambia
- Maxine Hlaba, Executive Secretariat, SADC Banking Association
- Jeandre Engelbrecht, Product Owner: Settlement and Liquidity Management, Standard Bank
- Didimas Makhubela, Business development manager, Southern Africa, SWIFT
Deep dive: The SWIFT platform
Sending payments across borders takes high levels of collaboration, communication, and trust. Making that experience as straightforward, simple, and secure as possible is the spirit in which SWIFT was started, and it remains our mission to this day. By transforming the SWIFT platform to centrally orchestrate transactions end-to-end, we are taking the next step towards enabling instant and frictionless cross-border, account-to-account payments. This session will outline how we plan to enhance the payments experience and the benefits that it will deliver to end users.
- Tanja Haase, Transaction Management, Customer Engagement Lead, SWIFT
Customer insights: What is the right technology for your digital transformation?
In a fast changing world, every organisation should question the technology it uses and ensure it is ready to cope with future business needs. Crucial decisions must be made at a time when IT budgets are shrinking, while Cloud spending continues to grow, and new standards (ISO 20022, API) integration demands immediate attention. Our speakers will share their views and expectations on key priorities, opportunities and threats as the industry moves towards an instant and frictionless payment environment.
- Jack Ngare, Managing Director, Microsoft African Development Centre
- Ehize Blessing, Head, Group Technology Operations, Ecobank
- Sitah Lang'o, Business development manager, East Africa, SWIFT
Shaping the future of payments and securities: Faster, Smarter, Better
What we do underpins the world’s way of life. And that way of life is changing...