Alliance Lite2 features and benefits
Table of contents
Manual and automated message exchange
Alliance Lite2 enables manual or automated message exchange with your financial counterparties and offers the following features:
- Supports all Swift messages types (MT and MX) and Swift flows, so you can exchange FIN and InterAct messages and FileAct files, as well as proprietary files and file upload.
- In addition to messaging, Alliance Lite2 provides access to Swift services and applications, e.g. Sanctions Screening and SWIFTRef.
- Browse services offered by Swift, financial institutions and market infrastructures on SwiftNet are also available using Alliance Lite2.
- The setup is managed by Swift experts, ensuring you have a customised solution that meets your specific needs.
Back office integration
For customers with additional integration requirements, we offer SWIFT Integration Layer (SIL) which supports Alliance Lite2 integration with hundreds of applications, including: treasury management systems (TMS), front- and back-office applications, payments systems, banking systems, ERP systems and more. SIL also enables you to use current in-house message formats, converting them into versions that can be processed over Swift.
Implementing Alliance Lite2
To get started with Alliance Lite2, all you need is a standard PC or laptop with Internet Explorer browser, a telecoms connection to Swift, via the internet or Swift Alliance Connect, and the secure Alliance Lite2 USB token provided by Swift. Automated message processing requires a further Windows server running in the background.
The whole implementation process is fully customised and managed by Swift’s Consulting Services team, ensuring smooth on-boarding from start to finish. To familiarise you with the service, a personalised tutorial is also provided, explaining how to use Alliance Lite2 on a day-to-day basis.
Service and support
The service doesn’t stop once you are on-board. Alliance Lite2 comes with global 24/7/365 support, the Swift Standard Plus Support package. An additional support service, Swift Peace of Mind, is also available, providing remote assistance with activities such as message creation, new user access, security token enablement and RMA request fulfilment. Further product configuration changes are also possible on request.
Optimising your connectivity
While connecting to Alliance Lite2 over the internet is an option, for optimal resiliency Swift recommends connecting to Alliance Lite2 via one of our Alliance Connect solutions, which provide a managed virtual private network (VPN).
- Manual entry using browser/GUI screens
- Exchange of FIN and InterAct messages and FileAct files
- Compatibility with all Swift standards, including ISO 20022
- Subscription to FIN, InterAct and FileAct
- Access to Browse services offered over Swift
- Access to Swift User Handbook and standards documentation
- Full BIC directory built into Alliance Lite2 screens
- Available 24/7/365 (except for Allowable Downtime Window)
- Deployed in one Swift Operating Centre (OPC) in a dual setup for optimal resilience
The following Swift connectivity options are available: Alliance Connect Bronze (dual VPN connectivity over the internet) and Alliance Connect Silver (dual connectivity via the internet and lease line).