Join the ICTF Complimentary Webinar on 23 February and hear from our expert.
On February 23, 2016, Nadine Louis, SWIFT's Market Manager for Corporate and Supply Chain Markets, will present the Bank Payment Obligation (BPO) during a one-hour webinar organised by The Association of International Credit and Trade Finance Professionals (ICTF).
In recent years, the banking industry released a unique set of legal and technology standards to address the needs for growing digitisation of commerce and finance processes.They also address the needs for on-demand risk mitigation and financing services whilst inter-linking with electronic trade documentation platforms. Many credit professionals are becoming more curious about the benefits of Bank Payment Obligations (BPO), a relatively new financial instrument.
Learn about BPO's key benefits for corporates, including Working Capital and Cash Flow Improvements, easier access to risk mitigation, preshipment and post-shipment finance, automation of payment, reconciliation and forecasting processes, and more.
Topics to be covered:
- BPO - a new payment method in your sales contract
- The ICC URBPO rules that govern BPOs
- Mitigating risks in international trade for buyers and sellers
- Access to flexible financing, pre- and post-shipment financing
- A 3-corner model vs. a 4-corner model, allowing sellers to continue to work with their own banks, while the seller’s bank and buyer’s bank deal directly with each other through the multi-bank open standards
- Transaction lifecycle and electronic data matching
- Market adoption
- Case Study, application models, working capital control and impact on credit lines.
Please visit the ICTF website to find out more and register.