Build the Future: innovation, collaboration and regional transformation
Welcome to the first ever SWIFT Business Forum West Africa. This free event, which will take place at the Eko Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria, on 8 November 2016, will look at the key trends facing the financial services community in West Africa and how innovation and collaboration can help promote economic growth.
In 2015, SWIFT opened its West African office in West Africa with an aim to further improve our solution and services offering, support local communities and the development of regional initiatives. Despite challenging times, including the downturn of the commodities cycle that has significantly impacted many countries in the region, there are still plenty of exciting opportunities.
The programme for this event will address a number of key topics for the region.
- What needs to be done to fully realise the region’s integration aims?
- How can central banks help strengthen West Africa’s financial markets by investing in infrastructure?
- The role of securities markets in supporting economic growth
- How is correspondent banking responding to the challenge of new technologies and increased customer expectations?
- Managing cyber risk in an interconnected world
You will hear from leading industry speakers alongside SWIFT experts and learn about what SWIFT is doing to support the West African community in overcoming some of the critical challenges they face. The event will also be an excellent opportunity to network with your colleagues from across the region and share experiences on topics of great relevance to you and your business.
I look forward to seeing you in Lagos.
Head of Sub-Sahara Africa,