Welcome to Abidjan!
On 16-18 May 2017, Abidjan will host the 24th edition of the SWIFT African Regional Conference 2017. This annual event brings together more than 500 leading financial services executives from over 45 countries across Africa, including financial institutions, market infrastructures, international corporations and technology partners to do business and shape the future of Africa’s financial industry.
This year, the Minister of Economy & Finance for Côte D’Ivoire, Adama KONE, will deliver the keynote address. And the three-day event will look at the issues affecting the industry and the region. Topics will include:
- Future of Africa’s economy – development from within
- FinTech hubs: do they have a role in the real economy?
- Cooperation and consolidation in Africa’s securities markets
- Correspondent banking – new and improved!
- Mitigating the impact of de-risking
- Cyber criminality – how can the industry fight back?
We will also a free pre-event workshop on the SWIFT global payments (gpi) initiative on Monday 15 May.
Discover and experience this year at ARC
In 2017, for the third time, ARC will host the Innotribe Startup Challenge for Africa.
The Innotribe Startup Challenge gives young African financial technology startups the opportunity to showcase their products and receive expert coaching and mentoring. Launched in 2011, the Startup Challenge has become one of the leading global startup competitions, connecting the startup community with the financial services industry.
SWIFTLab at ARC allows you to experience SWIFT’s products and services first hand. It is also a great opportunity to see the ongoing R&D and proof of concepts being carried out by SWIFT.
- TAKE PART in a fantastic line-up of sessions looking at the key challenges and opportunities facing Africa’s financial industry
- EXPAND you knowledge by spending time with business experts and exchanging information and best practice
- LEARN how to best use SWIFT products for your advantage through interactive work sessions
- MEET Africa’s most exciting young FinTech companies at the Innotribe Startup Challenge for Africa
- CONNECT with 500+ of your colleagues from more than 45 countries – an unrivalled networking opportunity for you and your organisation
Take part in ARC 2017 and play a leading role in the future of Africa’s financial industry.
Head of Middle East, Turkey and Africa, SWIFT