Shared Infrastructure Programme
The Shared Infrastructure Programme defines operational standards for third-party service bureaux offering SWIFT connectivity - ensuring quality, security and reliability.
Skills certification requirements for SWIFT service bureaux
The Shared Infrastructure Programme specifies that a SWIFT service bureau must have at least two service bureau on-boarding specialists, and two service bureau connectivity and interfaces specialists. (They may, if preferred, be the same individuals).
SWIFT on-boarding specialist
Purpose: to provide guidance to customers wanting to connect to SWIFT, it is important that the service bureau has proven knowledge of the SWIFT’s membership processes, and fully understands its own role and responsibilities in these processes.
There is a multiple choice examination.
You can refer to these documents to prepare your exam:
- Information about joining SWIFT
- Joining process_welcome_pack
- swift.com Registration User Guide
- SWIFT By Laws
- Corporate Rules
- SWIFT user categories
- Message Routing Restriction tables
- Register for a non-connected BIC and branchcode
- SWIFT Registration Procedure
- BIC Policy
- Alliance Essential kit service description
- Shared Infrastructure Programme (Terms & Conditions)
- Shared Infrastructure Policy
- Secure channel
- Secure Channel User Guide
- Price List
Service bureau - connectivity and interfaces specialist
Description: The Service Bureau -Connectivity and Interfaces examination comprises questions about SWIFT Alliance products, including Alliance Access, Alliance Gateway, Alliance Web Platform, SWIFTNet Link, and Alliance Connect.
There is a multiple choice examination (no practical exam; no prerequisite operating system certification). You can refer to these documents to prepare your exam:
- Alliance Web Platform 7.0.60 Administration and Operations Guide - server embedded
- Alliance Web Platform 7.0.60 installation Guide for AIX - server embedded
- Alliance Web Platform 7.0.60 installation guide for Linux - server embedded
- Alliance Web Platform 7.0.60 installation guide for Oracle Solaris - server embedded
- Alliance Web Platform Server-Embedded 7.0.60 - - Installation Guide for on - (Windows)
- Alliance Access 7.1 Service Description
- SWIFTNet Certificate Administration guide
- Resilience Guide
- Network Access Control Guide
- Alliance Connect Gold Implementation Guide
- Hardware Security Module on SWIFTNet Link 7.0 Operations Guide
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Administration Guide - AIX
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Administration Guide - Linux
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Administration Guide - Oracle Solaris
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Administration Guide - Windows
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Configuration Guide - Alliance Web Platform
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Daily Operations Guide
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Installation Guide - AIX
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Installation Guide - Linux
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Installation Guide - Oracle Solaris
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Installation Guide - Windows
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Message Management Guide - Alliance Web Platform
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Release Letter
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 Security Guide
- Alliance Access 7.1.10 System Management Guide
- Alliance Gateway 7.0.40 Administration and Operations on Web Platform Guide
- Alliance Gateway 7.0 Installation Guide Windows
- Alliance Gateway 7.0. Installation Guide Linux
- Alliance Gateway 7.0. Installation Guide aix
- Alliance Gateway 7.0. Installation Guide Oracle Solaris
- Alliance Gateway 7.0.40 Operations Guide
- Alliance Gateway 7.0.40 File Transfer Interface Guide
- Alliance Gateway 7.0.40 Remote API Operations Guide
- Alliance Gateway 7.0 40 HighLevel Guidelines for Cluster Configurations
- SWIFTNet Link 7.0 Installation Guide Windows
- SWIFTNet Link 7.0 Installation Guide linux
- SWIFTNet Link 7.0 Installation Guide Oracle Solaris
- SWIFTNet Link 7.0 Installation Guide AIX
- SWIFTNet Link 7.0.40 Operations Guide
- SWIFTNet Messaging Operations Guide
Take these training courses in preparation of your Connectivity and Interfaces exam:
- Introduction to SWIFT connectivity
- Managing PKI with Browse
- Operating your Hardware Security Module
- Managing Alliance Web Platform
- Managing Alliance Access
- Deploying Alliance Access
- Managing Alliance Gateway
- Alliance -- disaster recovery
Skills certification process steps
1. The service bureau should provide SWIFT with details of the individuals to be enrolled for skills certification by completing the Shared Infrastructure Application form or by sending an email to SB.Certification.email@example.com.
2. SWIFT will create unique eligibility keys which are used to confirm the eligibility of the candidate and the specific exam to be taken. We will distribute these keys to the candidates via email.
3. Using the eligibility key, the candidate must register and schedule an examination appointment with our external testing provider, Prometric. The candidate can select a preferred date and location for the examination. The cost of registering for each exam is USD 200 per person.
4. The candidate will then take the examination at a Prometric testing centre as per the prearranged confirmation. Candidates must bring the required identification and confirmation printout to the examination. SWIFT will communicate the exam results to the candidate.
5. Should the candidate fail the exam the first time, he or she will be provided an additional eligibility key for retake.