A stimulating, involving conference
It's the only place where the financial industry really gets together
Sibos 2009 post-event survey
Sibos is the one time in the year when the SWIFT community comes together to discuss topics that matter most, across business areas, across functions and across regions.
This year, the Sibos conference programme has been built around three big themes:
We will look at the industry’s collective response to regulation following the financial crisis and examine the operational impact of financial reform. We will also consider whether we should – and if so, how we should engage with regulators earlier and more collaboratively.
- Rebuilding trust
We will explore how the industry should go about regaining the confidence of its customers, its counterparts and the public at large. How do we tackle the inevitable conflict between reducing risk and reducing costs? We will consider, for example, whether we should change the measure of success beyond profits and share price. We also intend to showcase some pragmatic, actionable CSR ideas for the financial industry.
There are differing opinions about when and how it will come about but the one thing everyone agrees on is that a recovery is coming. We will discuss what financial services players can do to be ready to capitalise on it. Can we “innovate our way out of this” as Steve Jobs once said? How do we best leverage technology? We will also examine the uncertainty that prevails in the marketplace and discuss where to compete and where to collaborate.
As usual, our conference sessions will tackle topics covering the full breadth of financial services and we have some great speakers confirmed.
This year, many of the main conference sessions have complimentary interaction workshops that follow them and all have been designed to encourage participation and to facilitate brainstorming and collective action.
Whatever your business background and areas of interest, you are sure to find something on the conference programme to challenge, inform and stimulate you.
Browse the conference programme:
- By type: The conference is composed of many different types of sessions: plenaries, in conversation with, main conference sessions, forums and more.
- By stream: Our programme is categorised into 12 streams corresponding to business areas of interest. Simply choose the area that interests you and see a full list of activities that are relevant.
- By regional focus: See the conference programme organised by relevance to your geographic region.
- By speaker: Browse the list of confirmed speakers and the sessions they will be appearing in.
- All: A list of all Sibos sessions, organised in chronological order.