Local teams rolling up their sleeves
As a global financial infrastructure, SWIFT provides support in many different locations around the world, typically aimed at helping the underprivileged and vulnerable to fulfil their potential. Listed below are some of the ways SWIFT and its staff helped the less fortunate.
- A 20,000 EUR contribution by SWIFT and its employees to the Red Cross campaign in support of the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
- 21% of staff actively engaged in supporting a SWIFT-sponsored charity.
- Support for local associations and charitable organisations when organising business events.
- Staff involvement in the clean-up and rebuilding of homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
- Donation and volunteer opportunity to provide education and support to disadvantaged mothers and children living in poverty in Colombia.
- Hosted a fundraising event for a mentoring charity that improves career prospects of underprivileged girls through writing.
- Staff support for projects that enable family members of disabled veterans to participate in the physical and emotional rehabilitation of their loved ones.
- Partnership with the local Red Cross to provide financial assistance to families who are homeless due to fire or natural disaster.
- 30% of staff engaged in company-sponsored activities to support local communities, including every country where SWIFT has an office (eight).
- Support for a Business Action On Poverty campaign in Hong Kong, aimed at educating companies on community investment strategies to help bring young people into the workforce.
- Continued partnership with Enactus towards teaching university students to become socially responsible business leaders, building to the Enactus World Cup in Beijing in 2014.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- New partnership with Teach for Belgium, an organisation which seeks to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting graduates and professionals as teachers in schools;
- Continued support for the United Fund for Belgium, through financial donations and skills volunteering.
- Support to SOS Children’s village projects when organising business events in the region.
- A donation at Sibos of EUR 35,300 to the Dubai Foundation for Women and Children.